- Versatile Veritas bench top fittings, fits any 19mm dog hole
- Useful for all sorts of workholding on a bench top
- Brass clamping face 50mm x 13mm
- 165mm long stem with spring retainer
- Use as an alternative tail vice
Hugely versatile bench top fittings, which come in very useful for all sorts of workholding on your bench top. They make an excelent alternative to a tail vice, albeit sliightly lighter duty. Veritas Wonder Dogs are basically bench dogs with a length of threaded bar through the top. The bar features a swivel handle one end and a brass clamping face at the other. The Wonder Dog stem, drilled and tapped with at 3°, ensures that work is held tight onto the bench top. The stem length is 165mm with a spring retainer running done the length to prevent the stem slipping in the dog hole. The brass clamping face is 50mm x 13mm, two holes in the face allow you to attach a custom shaped wooden face if necessary. All that is required to use a Veritas Wonder Dog is a 19mm hole.