- 800 grit stone for initial grinding
- 1200 grit remove scratches and further refine surfaces
- 6000 grit fine finishing stone
- Non skid waterstone holder
- Nagura stone for cleaning glazed surface of fine stone
There is no better kit for someone sharpening with waterstones for the first time. The kit contains a 200mm(8") by 62mm(2.1/2") 800 grit stone for initial grinding, a 175mm(7") by 62mm(2.1/2") 6,000 grit fine finishing stone, a non-skid waterstone holder and a Nagura stone for cleaning off the glazed surface of the fine stone. All you need to get started.
Medium 1,200 grit waterstones are used to remove scratches and further refine and partly polish the surface following honing on a coarse stone. The Ice Bear brand medium stone measures 200 x 63 x 30mm, the extra width allowing them to accommodate a 2.3/8" wide plane iron.