- For carvers, cabinetmakers, musical instrument makers and sculptors
- Leaves a surface that requires very little further finishing
- Teeth are milled and chemically etched for maximum bite
- Built-in chip-breakers minimise clogging
- Suitable for wood, plastics and other similar materials
These Japanese half round files perform superbly when rounding internal curves.
The blade is 9.5mm wide and fitted with a comfortable textured moulded rubber grip. The cutting length is 100mm with extra fine teeth on the outside (0.7mm pitch) of the 8mm radius curve. The total length is 200mm.
These files are ideal for carvers, cabinetmakers, musical instrument makers and sculptors. They are capable of the accurate removal of timber on difficult or awkward grained wood. Rasps produce sawdust, files make filings (dust); an Iwasaki carver’s file produces miniature shavings. Like a rasp, an Iwasaki file removes material very quickly but the resulting surface is much smoother, requiring only a little sanding to finish.