- For carvers, cabinetmakers, musical instrument makers and sculptors
- Leaves a surface that requires very little further finishing
- Teeth are milled and chemically etched for maximum bite
- Built-in chip-breakers minimise clogging
- Suitable for wood, plastics and other similar materials
These Japanese flat files perform superbly when working on flat or convex surfaces.
The blade is 10mm wide and fitted with a comfortable textured moulded rubber grip. The cutting length is 100mm with extra fine teeth on both sides (0.7mm pitch) and 2 safe edges allowing you to use it in a corner. The total length is 200mm.
These files are ideal for carvers, cabinetmakers, musical instrument makers and sculptors. They are capable of the accurate removal of timber on difficult or awkward grained wood. Rasps produce sawdust, files make filings (dust); an Iwasaki carver’s file produces miniature shavings. Like a rasp, an Iwasaki file removes material very quickly but the resulting surface is much smoother, requiring only a little sanding to finish.