- Extremely durable and stable, Hardwood stock and stem
- Dual-purpose traditional tool, mortice and marking gauge
- Brass pull slide runs in T-slot
- Smooth sliding action for easy setting
- Hardened steel marking pins
This combined mortice and marking gauge is of a traditional design. A single pin on one side of the stem scribes a line along the grain and parallel to an edge. On the opposite side of the stem are two pins, one of which is independently adjustable. This feature enables the gauge to scribe two parallel lines at a set distance from an edge, when laying out a mortice or the mating tenon. The second pin is set by means of a pull slide, which runs in a T-slot in the stem. The Tyzack mortice and marking gauge has a redwood stem and stock. The pins are hardened steel; all the other fittings are brass.