- Make a platform for cutting sheet material
- A must-have when using a handheld circular saw
- Rapidly assembled, portable when not in use
- Raises material, allowing blade to pass through safely
- Forms a strong and stable platform for 2,400 x 1,200 (8x4) sheets
- Includes tough nylon bag for transport and storage
- Use on site or in the workshop
- Kit comprises 12 saddles and carry bag
- For timber sizes from 18mm - 20.05mm (finished size) PSE Timber
- Timber not supplied
When using a circular saw to cut large sheet material there is always the problem of raising the sheet sufficiently in order for the saw’s blade to cut through the full thickness. The Veritas Platform Kit solves the problem in a smart, simple, reusable, portable and economic way.
If you use a circular saw, you need this kit. It comprises 12 resilient polypropylene saddles along with a carry bag for easy transportation. The only other requirement is some 18mm - 20.05mm (finished size) PSE Timber, available from your local builder's merchant or DIY warehouse.
Initial assembly merely involves screwing the saddles to two 2,400mm lengths (6 on each). To build the platform, simply clip 6 1,200mm lengths into the saddles to form cross rails.
Once assembled, the platform is flat and stable, and the sacrificial cross rails let you rip or crosscut material without the saw’s blade contacting the surface beneath. You can work with confidence on any flat surface, indoors or out. It’s so stable you can kneel on the work while making the cut, and it’s easier to follow a line.
The platform takes less than a minute to set up and can be used repeatedly to make hundreds of cuts. When you’re finished, the kit breaks down quickly and fits neatly into the nylon bag (the platform bases stick out).