- Use as a pencil sharpener to make accurate tenons
- Use a cordless drill and square socket to produce longer lengths of accurate dowel
- Carbon-steel blade, plated zinc-alloy body, works in soft, green or hard woods
- Sizes available 3/8"(9.5mm), 7/16"(11mm) & 1/2"(12.7mm)
- Dowel Cutters made in Canada
Make dowels to perfectly match a project or from a specific species of timber. The Veritas dowel cutter and a few timber off-cuts will do the job. The carbon-steel blade in the plated zinc alloy body is adjustable. They work equally well in soft, green or hard woods. The curved blade is relatively easy to sharpen when required. Hand held like a pencil sharpener, they put accurate tenons on the tips of turnings or rustic furniture components. Alternatively using a cordless drill, you need only cut square stock slightly oversize (1.5mm is ample). Use one of the Veritas 1/2" drive sockets for the 3/8" and 7/16" cutters or a 5/8" drive for the 1/2"cutter). You may also need a 3/8" sq drive to 1/4" hex adaptor, to use with these drives and power the stock through the dowel cutter. Imperial sizes only available 3/8"(9.5mm), 7/16"(11mm) and 1/2"(12.7mm).